The Law Office of Knut S. Johnson defends criminal cases in federal trials, appeals, and writs of habeas corpus throughout the United States with a focus on San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Phoenix, Arizona. The firm regularly represents clients charged with a variety of crimes, particularly complex white collar cases, regulatory offenses (including environmental crimes), crimes of violence, and narcotics offenses. The firm has defended serious federal cases in San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Arizona, and throughout the United States.
Mr. Johnson is a State Bar of California, Certified Specialist in Criminal Law. He has received numerous honors and awards for his work, including:
- Top 50 Attorneys, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2019
- University of San Diego School of Law, Distinguished Alumni Award, 2018
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys Lifetime Achievement Selection, 2018
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, 2017
- Lawyer of the Year, White Collar Criminal Defense, San Diego, Best Lawyers in America, 2016
- Marquis Who’s Who in the World, 2012 – present
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2012 – present
- Top 10 Attorneys, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2011
- Top 10 Attorneys, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2010
- San Diego’s Top 25 Lawyers, San Diego Metro, 2010
- Top 50 Attorneys, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2009 – 2012; 2017 – 2019
- San Diego County Top Attorneys, 2009
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2007 – present
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2005 – present
- State Bar of California, California Board of Specialization, Certified Specialist in Criminal Law, 2002
- Certificate of Commendation, United States Marine Corps, 2001
- Martindale Hubble AV rating, 2000 – present
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 2002 – present
- Stanley Conant Award, Defenders Organizations of San Diego, 2013Stanley Conant Award, Defenders Organizations of San Diego, 2005
Mr. Johnson practices before various the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, as well as in petitions for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court. He has also practiced before the California Courts of Appeal and the California Supreme Court. Finally, he has practiced in U.S. District Courts throughout the country.
Welcome to our home page. If you have any questions please call, fax, or e-mail.